Sunday, July 15, 2007

Kings Dominion Hurrican Reef Art


Sorry for all the concept art lately, I just keep coming across it all after forgetting I ever had it and then I feel like posting it!

Here's some concept art for Kings Dominion's big new addition for 1992, Hurricane Reef, a full water park attraction.

To fit the water park smack dab in the middle of the existing park, they had to fill in two thirds of the man-made Lake Charles that the park was built around. Here's a construction picture of that process:© ejd1984 via Webshots

That's Anaconda there in the background. As you can see, the water park made Lake Charles into Pond Charles.

The water park featured a lazy river, a children's play area, and 5 water slide towers, each featuring your normal assortment of rides, body slides, inner tube slides, etc.

Alright, enough history lesson, here's the concept art:

As I said in my review of the park, I think this old section needs to be faded out, but I doubt we'll see this happen.


0 comments: